Tuesday 18 March 2014

An introduction to protein treats and clean eats

Hello, thanks for reading. If you've been following me for a while you'll know since January 2013 ive been on a bit of a body transformation. Nothing to drastic just getting more healthy, stripping body fat and gaining muscle. I am in no way an expert, infact ive done it with the help and support of a personal trainer.


The recipes and methods in this section have worked for me, but they might not for you. Like I said im no expert and I would always recommend speaking to a professional before starting any big exercise change. Besides, most PT;s will give you a free session to see if you like it.


Eating clean, what the hell does it mean, well if your my mate Ryan Tindle eating clean is throwing domestos on your Kebab in Kentish Town in the early hours of Sunday morning.


The soul of clean eating is consuming food in its most natural state, or as close to it as possible. It is not a diet. NO preservatives. NO chemicals. NO processed foods.


Once you've read the notes below (taken from clean eating magazine and edited by me) have a look at the recipes in the section. Bear in mind though my goal is to put all this into my second book so feel free to print off and use but please don't publish anywhere else online.


SOOOO.....


Theres a really good list of clean eating shopping list essentials HERE


rules I follow:




Eat five to six times a day
Three meals and two to three small snacks. Include a lean protein, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and a complex carbohydrate with each meal. This keeps your body energized and burning calories efficiently all day long..
Get label savvy
Clean foods contain just one or two ingredients. Any product with a long ingredient list is human-made and not considered clean.
Avoid processed and refined foods
This includes white flour, sugar, bread and pasta. Enjoy complex carbs such as whole grains instead.
Know thy enemies
Steer clear of anything high in saturated and trans fats, anything fried or anything high in sugar.
Consume healthy fats
Try to have essential fatty acids, or EFAs, every day. Such as avocados and coconut oil
Meal Preperation
 A big part of my routine, i'll make a batch of protein brownies which will last me a week and can be eaten in various forms. I'll also roast a chicken on a Monday and it will last me until Thursday with various sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment