Sunday 6 April 2014

My ultimate clean eating shopping list

Ive been asked to compile a list of my store cupboard and fridge favourites when it comes to clean eating.  When I first started to eat clean about a year ago I really didn't know what it meant, I researched myself and slowly I got the hang of it, its not hard and you can eat almost anything you crave as long as you substitute. this is my shopping which I get every week its costs me around £40 but that's just for me. It does for all the stuff for my juicing too as I have one or two juices a day.




My eat clean diet is basically as whole and natural as possible. I want to look at my plate and see food that pretty much looks like how it came from the earth. (ie. donuts don’t grow on trees…so that’s not clean.) Eating clean makes me feel energetic, my body responds well to it, and it keeps me full! I try to fill my plate with mostly lean proteins, veg and then some good low glycemic carbs like sweet potato or brown rice. This is a balanced and very healthy meal that will surely cleanse your system. Most important thing too is to try and get at least 2 litres of water a day.




Vegetables:
Kale
Spinach
Brocolli
Carrots
Apples
Beetroot
lime
ginger
lemons
cucumber
celery
avocados
tomatoes
bananas
blueberries
strawberries
raspberries
squash


Protein:
salmon
chicken
tinned tuna
eggs


Dairy:
greek yogurt (the expensive total stuff not the greek style)
almond milk
cottage cheese


Grains/good carbs and beans:
Oats
black beans
quinoa
brown rice
sweet potatoe
chicpeas


Fats and Oils:
almonds
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
chai seeds
poppy seeds
golden linseed (also known as flax)
coconut oil
natural peanut butter
extra virgin olive oil
raw honey
pure maple syrup











No comments:

Post a Comment